Dr. Z. Zong
Professor, State Key Laboratory of Structural Analysis for Industry Equipment
Office Tel/Fax: +86-411-84707694
Sept. 82-July 86 Bachelor, Department of Naval Architecture, Dalian University of Technology, China
Sept 86-July 89 Master, Department of Naval Architecture,Dalian University of Technology, China
Oct. 92-Oct. 95 Ph. D, Department of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Hiroshima University, Japan
July 89~Oct, 92, Lecturer, Department of Naval Architecture, Dalian University of Technology, China
Nov. 95~Oct. 96 , Post-doc fellow, National University of Singapore
Oct. 96~June 99, Senior Research Engineer, High Performance Computing Institute, Singapore
July 99~June 04 Principal Research Engineer, High Performance Computing Institute, Singapore
July 03~June 04, Ph D Supervisor, Agency for Science and Technology Research, Singapore
April 04~June 04, Research Scientist, Agency for Science and Technology Research, Singapore
Dec 03~present, Professor, School of Naval Architecture, Dalian University of Technology
April 04~present, Ph D supervisor, School of Naval Architecture, Dalian University of Technology
April 04~present, Deputy Head, School of Naval Architecture, Dalian University of Technology
1.Member, editorial board, Ships and offshore structures, an international journal
2. Member, editorial board, Journal of Hydrodynamics
3. Member, editorial board, Ship Mechanics
1. International Society of Offshore and Polar Engineering (ISOPE) best paper award (1994)
A study of crack monitoring of ship structures
2. Singapore Defence Technology Prize (1998)
The Underwater Shock Technology
3. Ministry of Education Sci-Tech Progress Award, China (2006)
The deep-water fishing cage technology
1. Z. Zong, Information-Theoretic Methods for Estimating Complicated Probability Distributions, Elsevier, 2006
2. Z. Zong and Y. Y. Zhang Advanced differential quadrature methods, Chapman & Hall/CRC, 2008
1. Z. Zong, Dynamic plastic response of a free-free floating beam to an underwater explosion bubble, Journal of Fluid and Structures (available online) (2005).
2. KY Lam, J Zhang and Z. Zong A numerical study of wave propagation in poroelastic medium by use of localized differential quadrature method , Applied Mathematical Modelling,28(5), 487-511 (2004).
3. H. Gu, Z. Zong and K.C. Hung, A modified superconvergent patch recovery method and its application to large deformation problems, Finite Elements in Analysis & Design, 40/5-6 pp 665-687 (2004) .
4. Z. Zong, A Complex Variable Boundary Collocation Method for Plane Elastic Problems , Computational Mechanics, 31(3-4), 284-292 (2003).
5. Z. Zong, A variable order approach to improve differential quadrature accuracy in dynamic analysis , Journal of Sound and Vibration 266(2), 307-323 (2003).
6. Z. Zong, Dynamic plastic response of a submerged free-free beam to underwater gas bubble, Acta Mechanica, 161 (3-4), 179-194, (2003)
7. MB Liu, GR Liu, KY Lam KY and Z Zong, Meshfree particle simulation of the detonation process for high explosives in shaped charge unlined cavity configurations, Shock Waves, 12 (6): 509-520 (2003).
8. MB Liu, GR Liu, KY Lam, Z Zong. Smoothed particle hydrodynamics for numerical simulation of underwater explosion. Computational Mechanics, 30 (2), 106-118, (2003).
9. MB Liu, GR Liu, Z Zong, KY Lam, Computer simulation of high explosive explosion using smoothed particle hydrodynamics methodology, Computers & Fluids 32 (3), 305-322 (2003).
10. KY Lam, Z Zong and QX Wang, Dynamic response of a laminated pipeline on the seabed subjected to underwater shock , Composites Part B, 34 (1),59-66 (2003).
11. Z Zong, K. Y Lam A localized differential quadrature method and its application to the 2D wave equation , Computational Mechanics, 29 (4-5), 382-391 (2002).
12. KY Lam, QX Wang and Z Zong, A non-linear fluid-structure interaction analysis of near-bed submarine pipelines in current, Journal of Fluids and Structures, 16 (8), 1177-1191, (2002).
13. Z Zong and KY Lam, Biodynamic response of shipboard sitting subject to ship shock motion , Journal of Biomechanics, vol 35(1), 35-43 (2002)*.
14. KY Lam, Z Zong, QX Wang, Probabilistic failure of a cracked submarine pipeline subjected to underwater shock , Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering-Transactions of the ASME, vol. 123, 134-140 (2001).
15. Z Zong, KY Lam, Viscoplastic Response of a circular plate to an underwater explosion shock , Acta Mechanica, 148 (1-4), 93-104 (2001).
16. Z Zong, KY Lam, Bayesian Estimation of 2-dimensional complicated distributions , Structural Safety, 23:(2) 105-121 (2001).
17. Z Zong, KY Lam, Dynamic plastic response of a submarine oil pipeline to an underwater explosion bubble , Journal of Applied Mechanics-Transactions of the ASME, 67(4), 758-762 (2000)
18. Z Zong, KY Lam, The flexural response of a submarine pipeline to an underwater explosion bubble , Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering -Transactions of the ASME.122 (3), 194-199 (2000)
19. Z Zong, KY Lam, T Gan, Limiting performance analysis of underwater shock isolation of a system with biodynamic response using genetic algorithm , Shock And Vibration 7 (5), 321-332 (2000)
20. Z Zong and KY Lam, Bayesian estimation of complicated distributions , Structural Safety��22(1),��81-95 (2000).
21. Z Zong and KY Lam, Hydrodynamic influence on ship-hull vibration close to water bottom , Journal of Engineering Mathematics, 37 (4), 363-374 (2000)
1. Z. Zong, H. P. Lee & C Lu, A structural intensity approach for assessing impact injury of the human head. The 6th Weapon Effects Seminar, DSTA, Singapore, April 30, 2004.
2. JZ Li, TZ Chen, Z Zong and KC Hung, Dynamic response of the human body to transient dynamic loading in Sports Dynamics: Discovery and Application, edited by A. Subic, P. Trivailo and F. Alam. RMIT University, Melbourne, 2003, pp. 223-228.
3. Z. Zong and K.C. Hung, Computational mechanics of underwater explosion and its effects on the survivability of submarines. Submarine & ASW ASIA 2003 International Conference, 4th-5th March, Singapore, 2003.
4. T.Z. Chen, Z. Zong and K.C.hung, Vibration��analysis of poroelastic bar, Proceedings of the International Conference on Scientific and Engineering Computation, 587-589, Singapore, 2002.
5. H. Gu and Z. Zong, Recovery based submodeling finite element analysis, Proceedings of the International Conference on Scientific and Engineering Compoutation, 655-658, Singapore, 2002.
6. Z Zong and KC Hung, A feasibility study of supercavitating ships , Proceedings of the Inaugural International Conference on Port And Maritime R&D and Technology, vol.2, 767-773, Singapore, 2001.
7. Z Zong and KC Hung, Numerical simulation of breaking waves using VOF method , Proceedings of the Inaugural International Conference On Port And Maritime R&D And Technology, vol 1, 229-233, Singapore, 2001.
8. Z Zong, KC Hung and KY Lam, Modeling and simulation of human body response to ship shock motion, 71st Shock and Vibration Symposium, Arlington , VA, USA, 7 November 2000, Washington DC, United States. United States, 2000
9. Gong SW, Zong Z, Lam KY, Lee KL, Effect of close-in explosion on submerged structures in shallow water, US/Singapore workshop on Computational Mechanics and Simulation of Underwater Explosion Effects held in Washington DC 1-2 Nov 2000
10. Lam, K Y, Z Zong, M B Liu and G R Liu, Numerical simulation of underwater shock using SPH methodology. US/Singapore Workshop on Computational Mechanics and Simulation of Underwater Explosion Effects, 1-2 November 2000, Washington DC, United States. United States, 2000
11. Z Zong, KY Lam and T Vergis, Simulation based synthesis of performance and survivability of submersibles , the third Submarine and Anti-Submarine Warfare Annual Conference, London, 2000.
12. Z Zong, Y. Lam and KH. Tan, Optimisation of underwater shock isolation using GA (genetic algorithm) with biodynamic response considered , 1st Conference: Local Defence R & D Partnership, Singapore, 2000.
13. KY. Lam, QX. Wang and Z Zong, Fracture risk prediction of submarine pipelines subjected to the underwater shock , 1st Conference: Local Defence R & D Partnership, Singapore, 2000.
14. Liu, MB. Liu, Z Zong, KY Lam, Numerical simulation of underwater explosion by SPH , Proceedings of the Advances in Computational Engineering & Sciences, edited by S N Atluri & F W Brust, pp.1475-1480. United States: Tech Science Press, 2000.